This is the second in a series of three podcasts about running shoes. Last time we talked about what should happen when you go to a running store, what you need to know, and where to go to buy running shoes. We also talked about terminology. This time, I discuss the advantages of minimalist shoes, the philosophy, transitioning into minimalist shoes, degrees of minimalism, and the impact the whole movement has had on running and running shoes.
- “Minimalist, Heal Thyself” by Phil Latter from Running Times Magazine,
- “Running Shoe Finder: The Best Shoe for You“
- “Heel Forefoot Drop, Foot Length, and Ramp Angle: How Shoes Alter the Oriention of Your Feet” by Pete Larsen, author of the RunBlogger.com blog
- “Should You Run in a Zero Drop Shoe?” Competitor Magazine By Jay Dicharry, Published Sep. 11, 2012, updated Sep. 12, 2012
- “The Key to Successful Minimalist Running” Competitor Magazine By Danny Abshire and Brian Metzler, Published Mar. 13, 2012, updated Mar. 14, 2012
- “Are You Running in Too Much Shoe?” audio from Running Times Magazine
The Ideal Running or Walking Shoe Complements Natural Foot Function Dr. Mark Cucuzella, http://naturalrunningcenter.com/2011/12/08/2652/